Saturday, September 12, 2009

Twitter reset my password automatically

Hi today I got a lot of messages (email) from Twitter stating that my account is vulnerable to attack so Twitter automatically reset your password. Then it asked me to click a link to reset my password.

I suspected that this would be an attack to phish my password, so I checked mail headers and confirmed that the mail actually arrived from Twitter.

Still I was not convinced so I opened the Twitter homepage and tried to log in with my credentials but I was unable to get inside. Then I clicked the link and changed my password.

Twitter advised me to revoke the access to third party followers increase system, since they my try to steal our data. It also stated that the account will be suspended if any suspicious activities happen in my Twitter account. So I revoked access most of the third party applications from my account.

If you have allowed any followers increase programs to access your Twitter account I advise you to revoke the access from them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment